25 February 2015

Am I supposed to believe?

This is a repost from an old blog. Apologies if you've seen it before.

Am I supposed to believe that God walked in the Garden with Adam and Eve?

Am I supposed to believe that God asked Cain where Abel had gone?

Am I supposed to believe that God gave Noah detailed plans for building the ark?

Am I supposed to believe that God told Abraham to take his family and go to another land?

Am I supposed to believe that God sent an angel to save Isaac at the last minute?

Am I supposed to believe that God wrestled with Jacob, blessed him, and named his Israel?

Am I supposed to believe that God had a purpose for Joseph?

Am I supposed to believe that God spoke to Moses from a burning bush?

Am I supposed to believe that God sent many prophets?

Am I supposed to believe that God spoke to Job from the whirlwind?

Am I supposed to believe that God sent His only Son to walk among us?

Am I supposed to believe that God sent the Holy Spirit down like tongues of fire?

And if I am supposed to believe all of that, am I then supposed to believe that God has had nothing new to say, no new revelations for us, in the two thousand years since? Am I supposed to believe that words that were written down nearly two thousand years ago are God's final words to his people? Am I supposed to believe that God spoke to His people in many tongues for thousands of years and then just stopped?

I don't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...