19 November 2011

Roasted Apples with Cardamom

Roasted apples with cardamom

These were a riff off of the roasted apples at Remedial Eating.  I roasted mine at 450 instead of 400, used only 1 Tablespoon each of butter and brown sugar and roasted them for 45 minutes instead of 60.  I also skipped the cinnamon and used a full teaspoon of freshly crushed cardamom.  I love cardamom, and just like I think you should grate your own cheese I think you should grind your own cardamom.  In this case I just crushed the seeds on the cutting board with the back of a spoon, no special equipment required.  

If you don't want to use them on top of waffles, you could use them on top of ice cream, or just by themselves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...