28 February 2013

Lunch in the Park is On Sale Now!

I have a problem, which is that I have a fear of talking about my book because people might think it's incredibly lame that I have written a book.  So for the last couple of days when I've seen people in real life and they ask me what's been going on I'm all, "Oh, you know, the usual . . . " and then we nod at each other like "Yep, the usual, yep."  I don't say "Hey, I wrote a book, and I'm going to get serious about publishing it soon and I'm very excited and nervous and some other things, too."

But it's true. I did get serious. I had it professionally edited and then professionally formatted so that it would look nice in people's e-readers and I swallowed hard and I sent it out into the world. And then I told Facebook about it and not one of my friends said "It's incredibly lame that you have written a book." At least none of them said it out loud, to me. What they said to me was that they thought it was awesome, and since my friends are awesome that means awesome people think my writing a book is awesome. Which is nice.

Enough blathering! On to the book!


Dragons may not be real, but Kate fights them anyway. Kate had always taught her niece that when a dragon comes along, you slay it yourself. She rescued herself Priscilla, her students, her friends, and everyone else who loved and depended on her on a daily basis. 

When a yellow Labrador bounded into her picnic in the park, Kate's life got even more complicated. She almost forgot that you don't always have to do the rescuing alone.

Lunch in the Park, a novel about love and family, is available for sale in multiple electronic formats at Smashwords, for the Kindle at Amazon.com and for the Nook at BN.com Wherever you buy it, it is DRM-free. The delicious recipes that Kate and Jeff cook up are right here on my blog.

I hope you'll read Lunch in the Park, you'll love it, and you'll feel the overwhelming urge to write a review on one or more of the sites above. And of course I'd love to hear from you here on the blog, too.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. It's all awesome. It's an amazing feat, that's what it is. And also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your name in print like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...