Here's what I'm going to make in the next couple of days:
- Black bean quesadillas (actually made these tonight.)
- Chili with beans and either chips or corn tortillas depending on the results of a future trip to the store.
- Beans and cornbread, adapted from the Pioneer Woman's recipe
- Braised cabbage with red beans and rice from the Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen
- Vegetable soup
And there are two things I'd like to get to making in the next week:
- Korean-style beef served with spinach, green salad and rice from Madhur Jaffrey's Cookbook, which I picked up from a used cookbook merchant at the Farmers' Market. The limiting factor here is that it serves 6 so I need to invite guests. (Yes, I suppose I COULD scale it down, but that violates the spirit of the book, so I feel duty-bound to feed this recipe to family and/or friends. Would you like to come over?)
- Cinnamon rolls from Uprisings. I made them years ago, and really appreciated that they were a sweet breakfast treat that wasn't a sugar bomb. They definitely fit in here and I want to try them again.
What do you want to cook this week?