On Monday morning I got a call from a client, warning that my services would be needed soon. The threat of labor makes me pretty efficient. I filled and ran the dishwasher, cleaned the sink, took the boys grocery shopping, got the groceries put away, fed the boys lunch, emptied the dishwasher, made snack and dinner for the boys, filled the dogs' water, cleaned the dog' ears, and put the flowers in the vase. I spent the rest of Monday at the birth, watching a skilled nurse-midwife facilitate the VBAC my client wanted despite circumstances that might have sent some providers running for the operating room. It was a great birth, the baby was perfect and I'm glad I was there to witness it. But it meant that I didn't get to bed until 2:00 in the morning. When I say that I am a morning person, I do not mean 2:00 in the morning. A mere five hours later the sun was up and my children were up and my husband was getting ready to leave for work. I had a follow-up scheduled for...
Thoughts on food and drink for body and spirit.
Okay, if I comment, will you post again?
ReplyDeleteSeriously, though, I love this picture. The concentration, the cooperation, the men cooking... It's the sort of notion you have in your head of what a perfect Sunday afternoon will look like some day in the future when your kids are old enough not to just swipe everything off the table.
And yet, it still doesn't happen in my house. I must be doing something wrong. Again.
It's hard to post when you keep making sandwiches and spaghetti. I'm fairly sure no one wants to read about my spaghetti. Plus I'm adapting to a new camera and all of my pictures are weird. I finally decided I'd rather post weird pictures than none at all.
ReplyDeleteDoes B. cook at all? If not, that might explain why he and Monkey don't cook together. Perhaps B. can teach Monkey about washing up. Certainly Monkey will find that skill useful later.
Next time you think you're doing something wrong, come over and look at the state of my floors. You'll feel better about yourself instantly.